[Wikimediaindia-l] Supporting the languages of India

Shiju Alex shijualexonline at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:26:01 UTC 2011

Ravi shankar said:

> If your ambition is to teach the mother tongues for the convent educated
> minority English speaking Indians through a Wiki project and then make them
> contribute in Indic language Wikipedias, it may never happen. I am not even
> sure if it fits inside Wikipedia's mission.

Yes. that is true.  I do not forsee such a thing happening for Indic wikis.
:)

Is Gerard is trying to convey the idea of *Mother Language illiteracy?
*Remember
by illiteracy of a language, we mean the inability *to read or
write*(rather than speaking) that specific language. I must say Mother
Language
illiteracy is rising in Indian cities and in some states (for example,
Kerala).

In fact if you go through the discussions that I am sharing with you (about
different language wiki communities), many Indic language wikipedians are
also raising the same concern.

Shiju