[Wikimediaindia-l] Creation of mailing list for co-ordination of Indian Wikipedians on English Wikipedia.

CherianTinu Abraham tinucherian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:20:02 UTC 2011

While wikimediaindia-l is the main mailing list of Wikimedia Community in
India, a larger discussion of English Wikipedia/ns in India or WikiProject
India on en.wiki is out of scope on wikimediaindia-l and its subscribers.
While most of the Indian language Wikipedia have their separate mailing
lists, co-ordination & collaboration among the Indian
Wikimedians contributing to English Wikipedia has become the most
difficult. English Wikipedia mailing list "wikien-l" is too boarder scope
of discussing them.
   I am aware that we have "too many lists", but it is expected as the
community grows in size and creation of separate lists is justified as long
as we have enough activity on/around it. I am of the opinion that
India-related content and community of Indian Wikipedians on English
Wikipedia is as equally important to grow as Indic language Wikipedias.

In this context, I would propose the creation of a "wikimedia-in-eng" or
"wikiproject-india-en" mailing list.

Regards
Tinu Cherian