[Wikimediaindia-l] Required - articles for Collaboration of the Month Dec 2011

Ashwin Baindur ashwin.baindur at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 09:36:18 UTC 2011

Naveen, I think COTM is not the place where red links can be developed into
stubs, start of even B class articles.

The final outcome that we can hope for is that certain articles are :
* Raised to FA/GA quality if not status  (or at least)
* Get improved by numerous edits (or at least)
* Get improved due to numerous eye balls.

The articles most likely to succeed are :
* articles in the news
* articles about popular subjects
* articles about topics where large number of editors are interested
* articles about subjects which people feel are important enough to get off
their butts and edit
* articles people feel passionate about

That is why I think the waterway articles never took off. Look, even today
nobody from WikiProject India - Transportation has converted them into stub
or start. Can we ask for that to be done on "operational immediate" basis
(fauji lingo for 'urgent') as a start?

Warm regards,

Ashwin Baindur