[Wikimediaindia-l] Sharing insights and experiences from Indian language wikipedias - Sanskrit

Shiju Alex shiju at wikimedia.org
Fri Nov 25 17:59:39 UTC 2011

Dear All,

As mentioned in the last two mails, as part of the Indic Languages
initiatives of India
Programs<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_-_India_Programs/Indic_Languages>,
I have been having detailed discussions with a wide range of Indic language
wikipedians for the past few weeks.  I already shared the summary of the
discussions I had with with the
Assamese<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_-_India_Programs/Indic_Languages/Assamese/Discussions/2011>and
Hindi<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_-_India_Programs/Indic_Languages/Hindi/Discussions/2011>wikimedians.

Today I'm sharing a summary of the discussions I had with the Sanskrit
wikipedians. It is available here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_-_India_Programs/Indic_Languages/Sanskrit/Discussions/2011

I must say the progress made by Sanskrit wiki projects in the past 2 years
is marvelous, especially considering the fact that its speaker base is too
low (compared to the rest of the 20 indic languages having wikipedia). The
amount of activism is  Sanskrit wikisource is also very high. I am sure
Sanskrit wiki community is the one wiki community that is going
to utilize all the sister projects at its fullest.

Sanskrit wiki workshops are happening all over the country. Today I
attended a Sanskrit wiki workshop in a Sanskrit institution at New Dellhi.
In Delhi itself Sanskrit wikipedians are planning many other Sanskrit wiki
activities. With so many volunteers involved in the projects I am sure
Sanskrit is going to make good progress.

Inviting your comments on the talk page.

Regards,
Shiju Alex