[Wikimediaindia-l] My presentation in WikiConference 2011 uploaded to Slideshare

Ashwin Baindur ashwin.baindur at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 18:17:36 UTC 2011

Dear friends,

My presentation on the state of WikiProject India on English Wikipedia in
WikiConference 2011 has been uploaded to Slideshare.

http://t.co/3B1MZWT7

Please note that there is a change in the ratio I mentioned earlier, I had
mistakenly added the GAs and A classes to the total articles for the
comparison. The Wikipedia ratio I mentioned was 1 in 1,110 and it applied
to featured articles and lists only. IT seems I had added all the FA, FL,
GA & A class articles to get the sum 240 & its ensuing ratio which
Icalclated wrongly as 1 in 374. It is actually 1 in 1198.32, which is worse
than the Wikipedia average.

The changes have been made in the speaker notes with disclosure and
transparency.

Warm regards,

Ashwin Baindur
*A total of  240 articles, i.e. One in 374 articles, better than the WP
average of 1 in 1,110, but not so good that we congratulate ourselves -
remember that we are a coordinated, focussed WikiProject. (Stricken text
which was spoken by me in the Conference, is  erroneous )
A total of 75 articles are of featured quality, which makes it 1 in
1198.32, which is worse than the Wikipedia average.*