[Wikimediaindia-l] Wiki Drugs

Abhilash abhilashunni at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 11:28:10 UTC 2011

This is something worth exploring.

The en.wikipedia do give details, but only on the basis of the
scientific names. The brand specific names are not listed much, unless
they are very famous. Having said that trying to capture the full list
of drugs from manufacturers could be a very tedious task (esp
considering they may keep on getting them
updated/deleted/modified/renamed). More simple and trustworthy would be
to expand whatever is available and add more generic/scientific compound
name into wikipedia or a separate pharmacology/pharmacopeia section
under wikipedia.

Oral citations and citations from SME's would be the way to go.

Abhi