[Wikimediaindia-l] Updates from Mumbai hackathon

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 21 19:08:02 UTC 2011

The Mumbai hackathon was awesome and really productive, with lots of
improvements to internationalization, mobile (including SMS delivery)
and offline content distribution. Thanks to everyone on this list who
came out. If you did, please add links to your work product here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/India_Hackathon_2011/Schedule_notes

Here are a couple of blog posts by Gerard Meijssen about the hackathon:

http://blog.wikimedia.org/2011/11/21/the-mumbai-hackathon-was-sweet/
http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2011/11/hackathon-india-day-one.html

And here are tweets that happened during the event:

http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23IndiaMWHack11

Pictures:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Hackathon_Mumbai_2011

Thanks to everyone who helped make this event a success -- especially
WikiConference India team for partnering on this project and helping
with the logistics.

The success of the event exceeded my already high expectations; India
really has an amazing community (and fantastic food).

The internationalization team will still be here for a few days,
meeting with the community and potential partners in Pune. I'm now
heading to Germany for a few days vacation, but I look forward to my
next visit to India.

All the best,
Erik
--