[Wikimediaindia-l] Let's *Talk*

Arnav Sonara sonara.arnav at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:52:47 UTC 2011

+1

Also enough of fault finding has been done I guess, lets move to "Solution"
now. We ll definitely come back, and we ll come back with a greater impact
in which everyone's participation is expected. So henceforth please give
solutions rather than finding faults.

 Sincerely,
A Wikipedian Campus Ambassador.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Vickram Crishna
<vvcrishna at radiophony.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
>> And - to stay with the sandbox metaphor from another thread - if the
>> majority of contributors to a university-based program in India can
>> reach won't be able to contribute at an acceptable quality in WP
>> proper, then perhaps it's also time to think about more aggressive
>> sandboxing of contributions early in the game, at least when we're
>> dealing with a course where we either don't know what to expect, or we
>> _do_ based on experiences like the one to date. Possibly even using an
>> external sandbox.
>>

> If I understand it rightly, Erik points out that one of the questions
> raised here is the validity of the University-centric approach to this
> program.
>
> Hisham will recall I had queried this approach at a meetup way back when.
> This was before I found that it had a history, being a successful
> initiative in another milieu. I am sure now, with this experience, we can
> find ways to make the program work more effectively here, one possibility
> (not the only one) being shedding the college campus-centric focus, and
> reaching out more widely to people, in order to welcome more people within
> the contributory fold.  As Abhilash points out, this was a pilot, and it is
> up to us to evaluate its learnings and move forward from it, not trash it
> or its participants.
>
> --
> Vickram
> Fool On The Hill <http://communicall.wordpress.com>