[Wikimediaindia-l] Death and Post-mortem of Indian Education Program pilot

Wasim Mogal mogalwasim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 18:52:39 UTC 2011

Hey Guys,

I am Wasim, Campus Ambassador at the India Education Program.

I have been reading the mails from the wiki lovers about the so called
DEATH and POST MORTEM of the India Education Program. It feels terrible to
hear such words but on the other hand we are going to accept this and learn
from the same. As we all know the program was a pilot program and it is
just a BABY, at this stage we all make mistakes.

   - About the student selection in future I think it is better to keep it
   optional so that we get more QUALITY instead of QUANTITY.
   - We want some more participation from the Teachers, so that the
   articles are checked regularly.
   - Online Ambassadors need to be more ACTIVE so that the burden on CA's
   is reduced to some extent.
   - Planning needs to be done as far as the Article selection is concerned
   to avoid unnecessary copy paste.

Talking about the involvement, it is voluntary and we need to step up and
take the responsibility to make it successful. If we just keep complaining
about the things like *"we had no idea of what to do"*, then I don't think
the program is going to work with your support. Sometimes you need to lead
and take up the challenge, as it is rightly said by someone *"RESPONSIBILITY
IS ALWAYS TAKEN - NEVER GIVEN".*
*
*
To be honest we have learnt a lot from the program and we are sure to work
on the* delta's (Δ) .* Also if you guys can appreciate the fraction of work
we have done it would be motivating and in future we would be better than
now. We dared to think out of the box and had the courage to stand in front
of 1000 students and urged them to write on Wikipedia.

There are some things which cannot be experienced by sitting at home. We
were present right there to experience the feeling of pride and victory in
the student eyes when he was able to write a paragraph on Wikipedia, that
really matters in a pilot program.

Criticizing Ideas demotivates everyone, and It gives an impression to the
participants that their Ideas will get them into trouble. The thing is
wackiest ideas are the most creative.

*"Our greatest glory consist not in never falling, but in rising every time
we fall." *
*
*
*Thanks & Regards,*