[Wikimediaindia-l] INR in 2011 Fundraising!! -- Finally

Barry Newstead bnewstead at wikimedia.org
Fri Nov 11 19:40:05 UTC 2011

...and Victor Grigas from the fundraising team will be in India shortly (I
think he arrives on Saturday) through the Wikiconference to to capture
stories of Wikimedians to add more material for possible banners/appeals...

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Béria Lima <berialima at gmail.com> wrote:

> Already possible to see Indian people in the banners (they at least were
> doing test with)
>
> Achal:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:NoticeTemplate/view&template=B_FRDRILL6_1012_ACHAL
>
> Srikeit Tadepalli:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:NoticeTemplate/view&template=B_Srikeit_BaseBanner
> _____
> *Béria Lima*
> <http://wikimedia.pt/>(351) 925 171 484
>
> *Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter
> livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. Ajude-nos a
> construir esse sonho. <http://wikimedia.pt/Donativos>*
>

> On 11 November 2011 19:17, Ashwin Baindur <ashwin.baindur at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> *We might be late this year, next year probably we could have Shiju /
>> Santhosh / Hisham instead of Brandon on the Sitenotice banner :D ;) ;)*
>>
>> Nice thought!
>>
>> Warm regards,
>>
>> Ashwin Baindur
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:59 PM, Srikanth Lakshmanan <srik.lak at gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> As most of you have known, Fundraising for 2011 have started. The one
>>> big change is INR is added to list of currencies along with atleast ~40
>>> other currencies it seems. As such option is present only for credit cards,
>>> heard debit cards might get added in a week and inquiries are on for adding
>>> netbanking as well. If you have any suggestions specific to India, please
>>> use the local testing talk page[1]. Now that we have INR in currency,
>>> please help translate[2] into as many Indic languages.
>>>
>>> We might be late this year, next year probably we could have Shiju /
>>> Santhosh / Hisham instead of Brandon on the Sitenotice banner :D ;) ;)
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fundraising_2011/Local_testing/IN
>>> [2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2011/Translation
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Srikanth.L

Barry Newstead
Chief Global Development Officer
Wikimedia Foundation

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!