[Wikimediaindia-l] Google shutting down translate and transliterate APIS

Srikanth Ramakrishnan rsrikanth05 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 18:37:05 UTC 2011

While this may sound bad, it really isn't all that bad.
There are plenty of other transliterators. I personally prefer Bing to
Google. You also have Quillpad and Baraha. Apart from this, I use a tool
called Keymmanweb on the English wikipedia which works as an on screen indic
keypad. There are plenty of alternatives to Google. Just as we don't use
Google Maps for locations, but use all providers including OSM, we can try
something new this time.
Regards,
Rsrikanth05

On May 27, 2011 11:35 PM, "Sudhanwa Jogalekar" <sudhanwa.com at gmail.com>