[Wikimediaindia-l] Event Support Request

wheredevelsdare at hotmail.com wheredevelsdare at hotmail.com
Thu May 26 16:58:42 UTC 2011

Cross posting on India/Mumbai/Pune mailing lists

Just to follow up on the minutes of Mumbai X - we would like to invite
members of the national wikicommunity to come and support WikiConference
 2011, Mumbai/Pune.

It was felt important that to move forward we need an
Event Organising Committee (OC) for the WikiConference and sub-committee members. Kindly note
we are not looking for people who just lend their names but people who
will actually come forward and put in time and effort in the entire 6
month preceding period.

Sub-Committees suggested:

•Conference Programming
(Includes Themes, Tracks, Keynote Speakers and Scheduling)
Deciding the direction this meet should take.

•Finance (Includes both budgeting, raising finances and
scholarships)
People who are either qualified or have experience preferred. Handling finance of such an event

•Conference Venue and Catering
Coordination of venue and catering booking to helping things move on the floor during the event

•Major Events (Attendee Party/Mega Event)
Undertaking responsibility of any major events other than actual conference

•Press and Media coordination
Deciding on a path for media promotion of event, giving interviews, inviting media and taking care of them during the event

•Accommodation and Registration
Reserving
 the accommodation, picking people up and making sure they find their
accommodation, registering people on the event day.

•Promotion and Advertisement
There
 will be a promotion budget which will have to be judiciously used for
maximum benefit - again person with experience or qualification
preferred.

•Technical and IT
Running
 the event site, setting up wifi and other electronic goods, webcast of
the event online for those who cannot make it in person

•Volunteer
On ground. Running around during the event

Whoever is interested
 in being on the OC or any of the sub-committees, kindly write to the
Mumbai list (wikimedia-in-mum at lists.wikimedia.org).

Kind Regards,
User:AroundTheGlobe