[Wikimediaindia-l] Report on Wikipedia Meetup 4 at Hyderabad on 15th May

Ravishankar ravidreams at gmail.com
Wed May 18 16:04:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 15th May, we had the 4th Wikimedia meetup at Hyderabad as planned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:MHB4

Around 20 people attended. We had participants from Telugu Wikipedia, Tamil
Wikipedia, English Wikipedia and Esperanto Wikipedia and few new comers.

We had an open agenda with people sharing their motivation for contributing
to Wikipedia and best practices in their Wikipedias. One of the participants
promised to get us in touch with people from Digital South Asia Library
Project. We hope to follow up on this and see the possibilities for getting
their content in Wiktionary.

This was followed by an introduction on editing and campus ambassadors
program.

We plan to have regular meetups henceforth with fixed agenda.

Special thanks:

Hisham who flew down from Pune for this meetup.

http://www.lamakaan.com/ for offering the space and LCD projector facility.

Times of India reporter who attended the meeting.

Regards,

Ravi