[Wikimediaindia-l] [Press]: The Indian Express : "2, 155 images uploaded in record 23 days"

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Wed May 11 05:01:06 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 8:39 AM, CherianTinu Abraham
<tinucherian at gmail.com> wrote:
> The newspaper had not contacted me or possibly any ml Wikipedians directly
> for this article.
> There is a general misconception, among general public or media folks, that
> the images that are free to use are not copyrighted.
> Aniwar, How do you think we can create a general awareness to all ?

I think it is better to create a FAQ entry in the current FAQ,  that
addresses  permissible copyright/ copyleft wikipedia uses with answers
to common misconceptions .
We need to link that question with the term copyleft in Press-releases
, while using the term copyleft

And FAQ entry will help  to get it circulated among wikipedians, when
they  are using it on meetups & workshops

Anivar