[Wikimediaindia-l] Fwd:happy birthday, Wikipedias

CherianTinu Abraham tinucherian at gmail.com
Wed May 11 00:54:40 UTC 2011

Just a small piece of history of the Global Wikipedia movement, see below
mail thread. Thought to share it here also.

For those who are wondering about the origin of Indic / Indian subcontinent
language Wikipedias, here it is.

*2002*
*June*: *Assamese*,*Punjabi*, *Nepali*, *Oriya( Odia)*
*December* : *Malayalam*

*2003*
*February: Bhojpuri
May: Marathi
June: Kannada
July: Hindi, Kashmiri
September: Tamil
December: Telugu, Gujarati, Sanskrit, Sindhi*

*2004*
*January: Bengali, Urdu, Sinhala*

Regards
Tinu Cherian