[Wikimediaindia-l] [Press]: Angry with Wikileaks, Indian Union minister for law and justice Veerappa Moily "lashes against Wikipedia"

Srikanth Ramakrishnan rsrikanth05 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 11:58:13 UTC 2011

I agree with Srikanth. A simple notive on Meta [as I noticed] isn't enough.
We NEED a gigantic banner, [for NOW] across all Wikimedia Projects.
Somebody needs to get in touch with WikiLeaks staff and get the same thing
done there.
Regards,

On 30 March 2011 14:10, Gautam John <gautam at prathambooks.org> wrote:

> On 30 March 2011 11:49, Srikanth Lakshmanan <srik.lak at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Getting sick of this popular "urban legand". Why dont we run a site
> notice
> > banner for "atleast India" alone for 2 months. """ Please Note :-
> Wikipedia
> > and Wikileaks are 2 different things""" and link to a detailed note.
>
> Srikanth, to be fair, I think he does see it as two different things
> or so the quote implies. What he might incorrectly allude to is a
> linkage between the two but his criticism of Wikipedia is the model of
> knowledge creation.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best,
>
> Gautam
> ________
> http://social.prathambooks.org/

Regards,
ME.
Wear a Lungi, Support the Movement
 My infrastructure invasion... plus other images
too.. on Wikimedia Commons. http://bit.ly/d50SIq