[Wikimediaindia-l] [Wikimediauk-l] Translation Help for WikiConference India

Fae faenwp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:07:18 UTC 2011

(Forwarded for WereSpielChequers <werespielchequers at gmail.com>)

Hi Ashwin,

One area where it does help being in London is photography. The V&A
has been very progressive about this, you can't use flash, or at least
not where there is a risk of damaging the artworks. But otherwise they
are quite open to photography of their own collection (special
exhibitions with visiting collections are another story).

So far we've barely started on

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Indian_sculpture_in_the_Victoria_and_Albert_Museum

There are many more exhibits in the museum, including quite a lot from
India, and I hope we'll see many more photos loaded in the future. But
if you have any specific requests please do let us know, probably the
best place to post a request for photography is at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_London

Bye for now, hope some of us will meet some of you in Haifa!

WereSpielChequers