[Wikimediaindia-l] Update on Wikipedia India Education Program & Invite to Meet Campus Ambassadors @ Monthly India Programs IRC (Thursday July 28th @ 9pm IST): #wikimedia-office

Hisham Mundol hmundol at wikimedia.org
Tue Jul 26 16:48:22 UTC 2011

Hi Folks

I wanted to share an update on the Wikipedia India Education Program.  As of today, we have 15 teachers from 4 colleges participating.  The most exciting part is that we have nearly 800 students (and counting) who are going to work on about 1200 articles in this semester.   (Do note these numbers may fluctuate as the actual editing in classrooms starts - which is only to be expected.)

Please see the project page at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:India_Education_Program - and do go through the sub-tabs for Ambassadors and courses.)

I think it will be a great idea if the Campus Ambassadors had a chance to introduce themselves to you and you had a chance to interact with them.  Can we do it on the India Programs Monthly IRC  this Thursday (July 28th) at 9pm IST on #wikimedia-office.  (I apologise that we are late on this month's IRC.)

You can also hear from them about their experiences.  They've having 1-on-1 discussions with faculty members to identify potential articles to work on and conducting editing workshops for students in classrooms.

I look forward to as many of you attending as possible - and for a wonderful interaction with the Campus Ambassadors.  They are great guys and have done amazing stuff so far.  They're going to need your help and encouragement.  Drop in and say hello, and a little more!

Warmest Regards,

Hisham Mundol

Wikimedia India Programs
skype	: hisham.wikimedia
gtalk		: hmundol at wikimedia.org
twitter	: @mundol

Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!