[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimedia India chapter

CherianTinu Abraham tinucherian at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 02:27:07 UTC 2011

Changed the subject line again.. ( Subject deviation again :) )

Hi Praveen,
May I ask , what is not really clear about the chapter ? Wikimedia India
chapter is registered now as a legal entity in India [1] in Jan 2010 ; there
is an Executive committee with 7 members , the office bearers are [2] Arun
Ramarathnam,  President ; BalaSundaraRaman Lakshmanan, Secretary ; Arjuna
Rao Chavala, Treasurer etc

May be it is time for the chapter to open up the membership to the
community?

or even making the agenda & meeting minutes of the Wikimedia India chapter
EC available to all like the Wikimedia Foundation Board [3] ( so that these
confusions to "common Wikimedians" can be avoided) ?

If there are still any misunderstandings/unclear things, the EC members must
be happy to answer them.

I'm all excited to see the Wikimedia India chapter getting more active and
the chapter & community working closely in the coming days.

[1] http://wikimedia.in/wiki/Chapter_Registration_accomplished
[2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India/MoA-PostChapComVer
[3] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Meetings

Regards
Tinu Cherian

N.B. I am not speaking on behalf of the chapter , neither am I a EC
member/ordinary member. My understandings are based on various threads on
the mailing lists.