[Wikimediaindia-l] What is page depth was Re: Malayalam wikipedia crossed the 10 Lakh/1 million edits milestone

Shiju Alex shijualexonline at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 01:22:54 UTC 2011

Depth is again another metric with shows the overall collabration in a
wikipedia. Mathematically it is represented as:

[image: Depth=\frac{Edits}{Articles}\cdot \frac{NonArticles}{Articles}\cdot
\left( 1-\frac{Articles}{Total} \right)]Read more about Wikipedia Depth
here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Depth

Depth will be higher for wikis which has various activities in non-article
namespaces, But it will be less for the wikis where only the article
creation is going on. That is one of main reason why it is less for most of
the big Indian wikis.

Depth is NOT an indicator of article quality, but an indicator of overall
activism in the wiki.

Shiju