[Wikimediaindia-l] [Press] : Gulfnews : Five questions to Sue Gardner

CherianTinu Abraham tinucherian at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 02:10:29 UTC 2011

[Press] : Gulfnews : Five questions to Sue Gardner
http://gulfnews.com/business/media-marketing/connection-five-questions-to-sue-gardner-1.752627

*What is your expectation for the first office in India?*

*Our office in India will be the first time the Wikimedia Foundation has
opened an official presence outside the United States. We're doing it
because there's enormous potential there for us to recruit new Wikipedia
editors to help write Wikipedia in the several dozen languages that are
widely spoken in India. It's experimental for us. If we're successful in
recruiting new Wikipedia editors in India, we will try the same tactics in
other parts of the world.*

Regards
Tinu Cherian

http://wikimedia.in/wiki/In_the_news#January_2011