[Wikimediaindia-l] A Wikimedia Foundation Fellow from India

Achal Prabhala aprabhala at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 05:30:05 UTC 2011

Thanks Nadig, Gautam, Srikeit, Tinu, Mahesh, all...I will shortly set up
a public discussion around the scope of the project and am interested in
hearing from you.

No specific languages set HPN, I've had initial discussions with a
number of people including Shiju, Sundar and Mohau (a Wikipedian from
South Africa) and I'm hoping to figure out exactly how to proceed after
a more thorough set of discussions with anyone interested in the
subject. I think we can increase the number of languages slightly, but
the point overall is to set feasible targets within a limited time-frame
and assemble compelling evidence and action. In that sense, it matters
less as to which language is used in the process than whether the
results overall are useful to Wikipedians in India and South Africa at
large.

In general, the idea is to focus on instances of a citation gap: either
an already created article whose basis has been established but for
which there are no citations available, or a situation where citations
cover a topic only partially, or an article that should be created but
can't be because of a lack of supporting scholarly evidence.

Until I set up a more formal space for discussion, maybe we can begin
discussion here. Have you ever faced a situation as described?

Good wishes,
Achal