[Wikimediaindia-l] Congrats

bnewstead at wikimedia.org bnewstead at wikimedia.org
Sun Jan 16 05:21:14 UTC 2011

Great to hear about all of the events and look forward to seeing pics.

Thanks to everyone involved in organizing celebrations large and small across India and the region. It was a true community celebration. The level of participation in all locales is a testament to the deep passion for Wikipedia and the enthusiasm for the future potential of our free knowledge projects here and around the world.

It was wonderful to be with the Mumbai and Pune communities yesterday. Many thanks for the extraordinary warm reception and for allowing me to share in the fun (though I do have a sugar hangover after three cake cuttings) ;)

Let's make the second decade even greater!

All the best,
Barry