[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimedia Chapter Registered

Arjuna Rao Chavala arjunaraoc at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 14 07:14:15 UTC 2011

Hello all,

We are  very pleased to announce the successful registration of the
Wikimedia Chapter vide  Registrar of Societies, Bangalore Urban District
Certificate No: SOR/BLU/DR/1137/10-11 dt  03 Jan 2011.

We have become a formal entity due to the untiring efforts of Wikipedians
(in alphabetical order) Anirudh Bhati, Arjuna Rao Chavala, Arun Ramarathnam,
Balasundararaman,  Gautam John, Hari Prasad Nadig, Srinivas Gunta for  over
two long years with support from Achal Prabhala, Wikimedia Foundation
Advisory Board member,  Bishakha Datta, Wikimedia Foundation Trustee and
Barry Newstead, Chief Global Development Officer, Wikimedia Foundation.

We would like to place on record the support by Centre for Internet and
Society, Bangalore, specially its director, Sunil Abraham  for extending
their office support for  chapter and community meetings  and registration
support by its auditor Mr MN Rao.  The efforts of Gautam John  and Arun
Ramarathnam in working with registration authorities are  appreciated.

We are delighted with this development, as Wikimedians all over world are
celebrating Wikipedia's Tenth anniversary  this week. We have over 60 events
happening in India(http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:India). At this
juncture, we would like to commit ourselves to taking Wikimedia Movement to
greater heights by engaging with Wikimedia Foundation, Wikimedian community
in India and  all Indians by working with special focus on  all Indian
languages including English.

With your active  participation and support, Chapter can play a key role in
enabling access to free  knowledge to everyone. In  the next few weeks, you
will hear more  actively from the Chapter on various initiatives. In the
mean time, for any questions, please send a mail to executive committee
mailing list  wikimedia-in-exec at wikimedia.in

Please  do check Wikimedia India website
http://wikimedia.in<http://www.wikim>for further updates.

Cheers

On behalf of
Wikimedia India Executive Committee,

Arjuna Rao Chavala
PS: Please help reduce the noise on the mailing list to the minimum by  not
sending your appreciation remarks to the entire list and placing the same
on   wikimedia.in announcement discussion page
http://wikimedia.in/wiki/Chapter_Registration_accomplished