[Wikimediaindia-l] [Wikimedia-in-hyd] Anniversary event in Hyderabad

రహ్మానుద్దీన్ షేక్ nani1only at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 05:26:13 UTC 2011

I have called up yesterday and told the company the details of our event.
But they didnt seem to respond properly, the one who edited the page was not
available. So its better we dont further allow such edits on our page, by
the way i was unaware of the changes.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:13 AM, CherianTinu Abraham <tinucherian at gmail.com
> wrote:

> With email & phone number available in the ealier page (
> http://ten.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hyderabad,_India&diff=prev&oldid=12164 )
> , it may be a good idea for someone from the hyd wikicommunity or the
> chapter to reach them and tell the changes.
>
> We should be extra careful in those bogus events with an eye on either
> foundation grant or free merchandise.
>
> Regards
> Tinu Cherian
>

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Arjuna Rao Chavala <
> arjunaraoc at googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 1:25 AM, Steven Walling <swalling at wikimedia.org>wrote:
>>
>>> Okay, I'm just going to be bold and delete the Hyderabad and Bhopal
>>> pages, and explain to these folks that we're only here to support
>>> volunteer-led events, not corporate ones et cetera.
>>>
>>> If any Wikimedians from either of those cities want to put something up,
>>> go for it though.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the quick response.
>>>
>>> As I am active in Telugu wikipedia, though based in Bangalore, I am in
>> touch with Hyderabad organisers Rahimanuddin, Veeven and others. We will
>> have the proper details soon. Thanks for the alert.
>>
>> I have already removed the redirect for now.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Arjun

With Thanks and regards,
Rahimanuddin Shaik