[Wikimediaindia-l] Anniversary event in Hyderabad

Steven Walling swalling at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 11 19:42:20 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

So recently a Hyderabad event got created on ten.wikipedia.org, and I've received some email about it. However, if you read the page (http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyderabad,_India) you can see it doesn't quite seem to be run by Wikimedians, and I'm concerned by some of the content, such "Wikipedia, as an ultimate resource for Online Media/Marketing" and the fact that is seems to be run solely by a media company.

Does anyone know the editor who created the page or listed contact? I don't want to promote an event that is less about Wikipedia and your work than some random company.

Steven Walling
Fellow at the Wikimedia Foundation
wikimediafoundation.org