[Wikimediaindia-l] ToI front page: Rs 1 cr for Sanskrit WP

Holalkere Laxmivenkatesh hrl.venkatesh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 09:06:14 UTC 2011

Karnataka is finding difficulty in getting funds from Congress Govt. from
New Delhi. This is for its basic requrements. The shaky govt. is facing
problems from Opposition party once,  and some times from the hard nuts of
the ruling party.

Besides Karnataka govt is having its own Site, similar to Wikipedia.
(Started last year) They are not ever aware of Wikipedia  !

So, it is hard to expect the funds ( One crore rupees !)   for the develpent
of Wikipeda is night mare idea....

-Venkatesh(Radhatanaya)