[Wikimediaindia-l] New admins on the list

Prashanth NS prashanth.ns at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 08:47:12 UTC 2011

Dear all,

Thanks for the welcome. Probably, most of you know me more from on-wiki than
the meetups (where I have been terribly infrequent!). Have been busy on
Saturdays with work and have not been able to come for the meetups.

Anyways, just to introduce myself, a bit more formally - Am a
doctor specialized in public health, doing my PhD right now. I am based in
Bangalore and Tumkur. Most of my wikipedia contributions were through
dial-up connections when I was working BR Hills - wikipedia and birds being
my only two driving forces! Have been on the english wikipedia sometime
since 2004 although, I got myself a username only in 2005. I mainly work on
content contributions on the english wikipedia and images (rarely maps) on
commons. I also hold informal wiki-classes in schools and would be glad to
help anybody on that on weekends.

Am glad to help out as a moderetor. Naturally, I have a lot of biases which
I declare on my user page as well as my website. I will of course strive to
not allow them to colour my role here, just as I have not allowed them to
colour my enwiki contributions.

And, no offense taken, Sundar on the overlordship, considering that I am not
planning to take over the
world!<http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-for-one-welcome-our-new-x-overlords>
(nice
link that describes the phrase)

Regards,

Prashanth N S
Faculty, Institute of Public Health, Bangalore
PhD Student, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp
Asst. Director (Research), Karuna Trust & VGKK

web @ http://daktre.com
@prashanthns on twitter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Prashanthns
photos @ http://flickr.com/photos/biligiri