[Wikimediaindia-l] SOS tech support request from mr-wiki, Unable to access mr wikipedia and mr wiktionary

Mahitgar from Marathi Wikipedia mahitgar at yahoo.co.in
Fri Feb 18 19:59:07 UTC 2011

Dear Wikipedians ,

There seems to be important  accessibility issue with Marathi Wikipedia and Marathi Wiktionary , Realy not aware how limited or widespread problem is .Initially thought the problem is limited to me only but there is one more complaint received.

I am facing  problem since Yesterday evening , Problem is quite strange  irrespective of the browser ( and my all browsers are relatively updated) we just see Marathi Wikipedia/Wiktionary page just for a second and then it completely disappears only meta central notice remains visible "Wikipedia is sustained by people like you. Please donate today." We can see complete (HTML) source for the page from browser but cant see the the page.

I am using Windows7 licensed copy with Windows Security essential Firewall which is well updated. Realy dont know if problem began since virus definitions of the firewall got updated but certainly I am not the only person to face the problem, atleast one more complaint has been received, we are not likely to get many complaints on mr-wiki since if people can not access at all then how would and where would they complain,

I could bypass the problem by deactivating Java from my browser,As a precaution we deactivated Marathi Transliteration feature from Marathi wikipedia but still problem is there.

Activity of expert level users is as usual, bot activity level is also as usual but anonymous editing seems to have been ceased all the way

I searched Meta but really dont know where to report this problem.

Any help please ?

Thanks and Warm regards

-Mahitgar fro Marathi WIkipedia