[Wikimediaindia-l] [Wikimedia-in-chn] Wikipedia workshop in Carte Blanche, Chennai

BalaSundaraRaman sundarbecse at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 06:01:25 UTC 2011

Thanks Shrinivasan.

I've added one project proposal to
http://wiki.ilugc.in/index.php?title=Projects_List#Project_List

I needed to generate audio pronunciation guides for English phrases used in
Tamil Wiktionary (and other wiktionaries) from pronunciation files for the
individual words. I started out with the ambitious project and wrote some
scripts to download and identify candidate files. I tried the Linux cat command
and it seemed to work. So, I got help from Yuvi Panda and Kishore Kumar (via
Srikanth) who allowed me to run the scripts from a Linode belonging to KCG
iCell. However, when I did a test upload, it turned out that the embedded media
player on Wikimedia Commons stops at the end of the first word. Here, I need the
help of someone with MATLAB-like media processing experience willing to take
over the project at
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Bots/Requests/SundarBot

- Sundar