[Wikimediaindia-l] PDF rendering of Indian language wiki pages

BalaSundaraRaman sundarbecse at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 05:44:32 UTC 2011

Hi Santhosh,

Good work with the library. I tried a few pages like பட்டாம்பூச்சி,
மாந்தவுருவகம் etc., and I got an error. However, it worked for the Tamil Wiki
example you cited, இலங்கை and the Malayalam wiki example Mango.

Some quirks:
1. insertion of intra-word spacing (like Srikanth and Shiju mentioned)
2. hyphenation is without the hyphen sign
3. image layout as others observed
4. I notice that the இ in இலங்கை appears to be larger and starting from slightly
below other characters. Is it because of the font used? In fact, I just notice
that it is so in this email text as well. Is it due to my client-side fonts?

I'm sure that it'll be very useful once the issues are fixed. I can already
dream of pediapress for Indian languages.

- Sundar