[Wikimediaindia-l] PDF rendering of Indian language wiki pages

Shiju Alex shijualexonline at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 02:55:47 UTC 2011

Since the tool is under the early stages of development, I know it is not
good to expect a perfect PDF.

Some general comments are:

   - For Malayalam, eventhough the text rendering is almost perfect, I could
   find there are some unwnated space inserted with in few words. I assume it
   is due to the *justification alignment* used. In general I feel it is
   better to keep left align text for the paragraphs. May be we can add this an
   option in PDF generation tool.
   - By default, it is better to place images inline with the text. May be
   an additional option to remove images from rendered PDF or place images
   below the corresponding paragraph can be added in the tool.
   - The first page of the PDF need to be have some information. May be the
   introduction paragraph can be included in the first page. It is not good to
   keep it blank.
   - The refernces/href links and so on need to be handled in better way.

Since the tool is still under under development I am not going for in depth
analysis.
\
Shiju