[Wikimediaindia-l] wikimedia india mailing list, what is it about ?

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 20:48:52 UTC 2011

Hi all,
  Due to the recent nature of things and events a very basic question
occured to me ? What is the purpose of this mailing list?

A very broad definition or understanding which was there of the list
is to co-ordinate indian activities in and around wikipedia and
wikimedia.

I went to the mailman interface to see if I could garner some more
info. about the purpose/aims of the list but could not.

If I look at the wikimedia india homepage I found info. about the
mailing list in a stub way :-

Wikimedia India Mailing List :- Important for all wikipedians to
signup and stay connected.

As far as the list is concerned, who is its target audience ?

a. Programmers.
b. Editors, baby editors and that ilk
c. Users of Wikipedia.
d. Translators
e. Content creators, mashup creators ~ creative visionaries
f. All of the above.
g. Some of the above - describe who

Let me talk from where I'm coming from , I come from b. and c. I am no
high-level editor, I do some things for fun which leads to something
learning and vice-versa.