[Wikimediaindia-l] Follow up on Communication from EC

Arjuna Rao Chavala arjunaraoc at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 7 08:52:40 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I am glad to see the discussion on Wikimedia India list to the communication
about the constitution of the EC and election of office bearers. Let me
thank all those who responded and who extended their good wishes.

As the President of the Wikimedia Chapter, let me take this opportunity to
clarify  some of the concerns expressed by the community.

Office bearers election:
Wikimedia Chapter is a registered society and we have to conduct the
proceedings as per the MoA. The elections were conducted post registration
as mandated by MoA.

Delay in communicating the result:
Due to the busy schedules, travel plans of some of the EC members the
paperwork following the first meeting of the EC was delayed. Without
paperwork, as an official entity we would be unable to send out a public
statement.
 While the delay stays acknowledged, the EC should able to work together in
minimizing delays in future.

Communication:
The chapter got registered just around a month back. And the office bearers
have taken up their roles in the official capacity only recently.
Moving forward, we should be able to ensure that there is focus on better
communication with the community.

Next steps:
We are starting to get a  bank account opened. Once it is ready,  we will be
able to announce the opening of membership. Please do bear with us in case
of any delays in paper work.

Meanwhile, if anybody needs clarifications, please feel free to write to
wikimedia-in-exec at lists.wikimedia.org and we will do utmost to respond at
the earliest.

Thanks

Arjuna Rao Chavala