[Wikimediaindia-l] WikimediaIndia-l list description

Hari Prasad Nadig hpnadig at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:54:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Theo10011 <de10011 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I kind of agree with Achal on this one, the description should be changed
> to be as inclusive as possible. It's topics related to India, Indic
> languages might be considered a subset of the overall plan but it's not the
> only focus of this list, or am I wrong in assuming that?
>

> It seems ironic to exclude English since almost all the discussion on this
> list has been in English.

Theo, Achal and others,

This mailing list was initiated several years back, in 2005 when we had just
gone with a name that suited best then. The idea was not to exclude English,
but to focus mainly on Indian language projects.

Please suggest an alternative description so that the present one could be
modified.

--
Hari Prasad Nadig
http://hpnadig.net | http://twitter.com/hpnadig