[Wikimediaindia-l] troubleshooting Wikipedia for schools offline project

Arjuna Rao Chavala arjunaraoc at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 1 05:37:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Nikhil Sheth <nikhil.js at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jessie and All,
>
> Thanks so much for the appreciation.
>
> Request: I want to get an Offline edition of the Hindi, Marathi and Gujrati
> Wikipedia. (Indian languages) - preferably in the .ZIM format.
> I read about Malayalam / Tamil offline versions being in the works, but not
> in .ZIM
>
> I am interested in this as well, with specific interest on Telugu
wikipedia. However, there is lot of work needed to curate the language
wikipedia articles for Schools and ensure that the collection is free of
spelling errors and has  non controversial content suitable for school
children.

If you want to make a begining, you can provide a pdf of featured articles
to start with, as Telugu wikipedians experimented in the recent Wiki Ten
celebrations at Hyderabad.

Cheers
Arjun