[Wikimediaindia-l] Commons being blocked in most places.

Pradeep Mohandas pradeep.mohandas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 02:37:24 UTC 2011

hi,

Commons was blocked in my college too. All it took for me to get it
unblocked was a 25 min conversation with Head of IT dept. She did the
needful to unblock Commons. Suggest talking to the college's/cyber
cafe's network administrator first to unblocking websites.

Censorship of content on Commons: I am against censorship. I have
nothing more to add to that conversation.

Pradeep
User:Prad2609
Handheld

On 26/12/2011, Gautam John <gautam at prathambooks.org> wrote:
> On 26 December 2011 00:43, Srikanth Lakshmanan <srik.lak at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> and I don't think chapters should have a say on things like these,
>> especially when they put a big disclaimer "We are not responsible for
>> content", they loose the right to talk as chapter.
>
> Say what? There two separate things here.
>
> 1. Chapter's are indeed not responsible for content - that holds true
> for *everyone* except the people who post content.
> 2. That a Chapter is not responsible for content, by design, does not
> mean they lose any right to speak as a Chapter or otherwise especially
> with respect to things a community can take a stand about - the
> personal image filter being one of them. A Chapter that is the voice
> of a community can do many things with respect to content.
>
> I don't see the two positions as being immiscible.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best,
>
> Gautam
> ________