[Wikimediaindia-l] Insights from GLAMcamp Amsterdam

Arjuna Rao Chavala arjunaraoc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:21:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Noopur <noopur.raval at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> These are my insights from GLAMcamp Amsterdam. I have put them in form of
> some key questions. For me it was a brilliant learning experience. So, most
> of these answers are not mine, rather they have been generated as
> collaborative responses by various people from different chapters. I am
> grateful to WMF, WM-NL and WM-UK for their special interest in helping
> encourage GLAM participation in India.
> This is the link to the programs:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAMcamp_Amsterdam#Schedule and in each
> session you will find an etherpad link to the live discussion!
> --cut--

Thanks Noopur for the detailed writeup. I am glad that you found it to be a
great learning experience.  Chapter is expected to play a key role in GLAM
initiative, based on our discussion with Liam in the beginning of the year.
We had some interactions with Dept of Public Libraries,Government of
Karnataka and  also Kannada Government Encyclopaedia project
<http://kanaja.in>(digital library)

Can you help seed some events around this?  You can use the
GLAM<http://wiki.wikimedia.in/GLAM>project page on Wikimedia.in for
sharing your thoughts and/or proposals.

Cheers
Arjuna Rao Chavala