[Wikimediaindia-l] Help with an WP outreach event in Gujarat

Pradeep Mohandas pradeep.mohandas at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 3 17:34:05 UTC 2011

hi Arnav,

I would say a Wikipedia editing workshop or a chapter backed WikiAcademy would be a nice first step. The only thing that one can say to someone is that we will teach them how to edit Wikipedia and contribute to various Wikimedia projects. You can start by making this event exclusively with the college - that is, only members from the college (staff or students) can attend.

My personal take on this, is that we should do a couple of community meetups in Baroda and/or Surat and clue them into what's happening. I was in touch with Shiju to see if there are any Gujarati Wikipedia community members in the area. He's sent out a general email to them off-list. I will ping them again on email and see if we can do a community meetup in December or January. Perhaps you should try writing to the Gujarati mailing list as well.

Thank you for taking this initiative, Arnav!

warm regards,
Pradeep

User:Prad2609