[Wikimediaindia-l] Regarding Postage Stamps upload in Commons

Bala Jeyaraman sodabottle at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:48:52 UTC 2011

Hi Subhashish,

Stamps are Indian govt works and retain copyright for 60 years after issual.
So image of any stamp issued after 1951 cannot be uploaded to commons. It
should be uploaded to the local wiki with a fair use rationale. (and under
fairuse, a stamp cannot be used to identify the subject like a infobox
picture, it can only illustrate the fact that a stamp was issued on the
subject and the line should be in the text for that to happen)

regards
Bala

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Subhashish Panigrahi <psubhashish at gmail.com