[Wikimediaindia-l] MediaWiki selects eight students for Google Summer of Code 2011

Akshay Agarwal akshay.leadindia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:55:51 UTC 2011

ThankYou So Much for your appreciation & encouragement!

I was wondering if we could organize a meetup for us, four GSoC students &
Wikimedia India community so that we get a real sense of bonding & we
newbies can learn a lot of things from the community!

Looking forward to an exciting & fulfilling journey ahead

-Akshay Agarwal

 Looking Forward to bonding with the community
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:17 PM, Yuvi Panda <yuvipanda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks everyone :)
>
> Special Thanks to Srikanth Lakshmanan and Arun Ganesh for pulling me
> into Wikipedia related stuff :)
>
> @Subhashish: Send me an email offlist? :)
>
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Arun Ramarathnam <arunram25 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > This is great news. Congratulations to everyone who got selected!
> > regards
> > Arun
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 8:21 AM, Santhosh Thottingal
> > <santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>

> http://techblog.wikimedia.org/2011/04/mediawiki-selects-8-students-gsoc-2011/
> >>
> >> * Akshay Agarwal‘s “Account Creation, Login Screens and AJAX-ification
> of
> >> everything” (mentor: Brandon Harris)
> >> * Kevin Brown’s “Working Archival for Web References/Citations,” “to
> >> facilitate the archival of external links used as references in the
> >> English Wikipedia” (mentor: Neil Kandalgaonkar)
> >> * Devayon Das‘s “Improving Semantic Search/Semantic Query usability
> issues
> >> in SMW” (mentor: Markus Krötzsch)
> >> * Ankit Garg‘s “Semantic Schemas extension” (mentor: Yaron Koren)
> >>    Salvatore Ingala‘s “AMICUS: Awesome Monolithic Infrastructure for
> >> Customization of User Scripts” (mentors: Brion Vibber and Max Semenik)
> >> * Aigerim Karabekova‘s “Extension Release Management” (mentors: Sam
> Reed,
> >> Priyanka Dhanda, and Chad Horohoe)
> >> * Yuvi Panda‘s “Making Offline Wikipedia Article Selection Easier with
> >> Mediawiki Extensions” (mentor: Arthur Richards)
> >> * Zhenya Vlasyenko‘s “MediaWiki Extension: SocialProfile – UserStatus
> >> feature” (mentor: Jack Phoenix)
> >>
> >> Out of 8, 4 students are from India!. Congrats and best wishes to
>  Akshay
> >> Agarwal ,  Yuvi Panda, Devayon Das and Ankit Garg.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Santhosh

> --
> Yuvi Panda T