[Wikimediaindia-l] Young Wikipedians of India.

CherianTinu Abraham tinucherian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:00:44 UTC 2011

Not to forget Srikant Kedia (User:wikiodisha1), an now active Wikipedian in
Odia.

Here is an interesting story  ( sharing with his permission)  about his
involvement. He started "using Wikipedia" in 2003/04 for "mischievous
work"..like adding his name to articles etc.. And his many many accounts
were blocked. In 2010 December, he created User:Odisha1 & then started
volunteering on English Wikipedia. Later he discovered Odia WIki and
now editing Odia articles & promoting Odia Wikipedia everywhere. He
was going around meeting principals of many schools to tell students about
Or wiki. In fact, he is the one of the organizers of the upcoming Cuttack
Wiki workshop this weekend.

Another new Wikipedian in Malayalam , Sai_K_shanmugam (
http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Sai_K_shanmugam ) is a Class 2 student :).
 Will beat Abhishek_Jacob, who joined in his Class 9 or so. Sai's main
interest is in taking and uploading commons.

I trust the school wiki initiatives ( http://www.schoolwiki.in/ ) in Kerala
must have brought in more young Wikipedians.

If you know of such interesting young Wikipedians , do share with us .

Regards
Tinu Cherian