[Wikimediaindia-l] Malayalam WIkipedia /Wikimedia Academy - Madurai , Tamil Nadu- 21 Sep 2010

CherianTinu Abraham tinucherian at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 05:38:15 UTC 2010

The Madurai Malayalam WikiAcademy on sep 21st 2010 was a success and was
attended by atleast 61 people.
http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/wikipedia:Madurai_wikipedia_Academy_1

The WikiAcademy was led by ML Wikipedians Habeeb, Abhishek Jacob & Biju
Prasad , with also help from the Malayalam Department of Madurai Kamaraj
University. An article on the University was also created in Malayalam
Wikipedia on the occasion. Collabrative editing on the same article by many
remote malayalam wikipedians , in real time during the class, was a good
showcase of  the strength of Wikipedia.

Some images:
http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maduraui_wiki_meet_preperations.JPG  ( ML
volunteers with the University professors)
http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maduraui_wiki_meet_class_by_habeeb.JPG  (
Habeeb introducing Wikipedia to the auidence)
http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maduraui_wiki*_*meet*_*audiance.JPG<http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maduraui_wiki_meet_audiance.JPG>
( Audience)
http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maduraui*_*wiki*_*meet*_*open*_*forum.JPG<http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maduraui_wiki_meet_open_forum.JPG>
 ( Audience)

Congratulations and thanks to the volunteers for their hard work. The
volunteers had travelled from Kerala to Madurai to conduct the classes. This
is the fourth one of the series of Malayalam Wikiacademies in India ,
earlier ones at Bangalore (1,2) and Palaghat(3). The next one is scheduled
for Oct17 @ Kozhikode ( Calicut), Kerala.

A Tamil WikiAcademy @ Madurai is also in pipeline and the tamil Wikipedians
are working on this.

Thanks