[Wikimediaindia-l] Question for Hindi Wikipedians

Frank Schulenburg frank.schulenburg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 14:21:31 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I just gathered the data for the Tamil Wikipedia:

* In August 2010, 807 people created a new user account on the Tamil
Wikipedia. That's an average of 26 new user accounts per day.
* Out of these 807 new user accounts, 82 have made an edit within the
first 10 days after account creation (about 10%).
* Between August 1 and 15, 30 new accounts have been used for editing
on the day of account creation -- that's 87%.

To compare these numbers to the other Wikipedia language versions, please visit

http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Account_Creation_Improvement_Project

Starting in October, we will brainstorm ways to increase the number of
users who start contributing after they've created a user account. We
won't be able to do that without the support of the local communities.
So, if you're interested in the above project and would like to help,
please sign up as an ambassador for your language version:

http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Account_Creation_Improvement_Project#I.27m_interested_in_this_project_and_would_like_to_help

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Frank

-----

NB. This mail address is used for public mailing lists. Personal
emails sent to this address will get lost.