[Wikimediaindia-l] Gyanpad (Knowledge kiosk) web app: Easy interface to search Wikipedia and sister sites in Indian languages

Srikanth Lakshmanan srik.lak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 06:31:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 07:35, arjuna rao chavala <arjunaraoc at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> I am happy to share  a tiny web application to help people get started with
> using Indian languages on Computers in public places, using wiki sites.
>
> Check it out
> http://gyanpad.appspot.com/
>
> Cheers
> Arjun

Hi Arjuna,

Great stuff. One more suggestion i could think of is to support "google
transliteration" in addition to phonetic input. Just to qoute an example in
the difference, phonetic gives டமில் for tamil where the same in google
transliterate gives the correct word தமிழ். Google i think has a memory on
its transliteration labs as well. Pardon my ignorance of not knowing any
other indic language other than tamil.

Is the code open somewhere?

Srikanth.L
Google Profile <http://j.mp/SrikanthL>