[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikipedia in Kannada crosses 9000 mark

Hari Prasad Nadig hpnadig at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 08:48:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Gautam John <gautam at prathambooks.org> wrote:

> On 3 September 2010 14:07, Hari Prasad Nadig <hpnadig at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  All credits go to the passionate Kannada speaking population active on
> the
> > Internet constantly striving to see more Kannada in the digital world.
>
> Wow! That is something! Congratulations to the kn.wiki crew!
>
> Hari, is there something in particular that you have found spurred
> this in the recent past?

Well, Wikipedia has been mentioned in the local media several times in the
past year or two.  However, what seems to be more definitive is the increase
in number of people using Kannada on the Internet. In a community (dedicated
to Kannada literature) that I personally manage, the jump in incoming users
(in dialy sign-ups and activity) has been around 40% - 50% which to me seems
quite substantial having been familiar with Kannada populace on the
Internet.
--
Hari Prasad Nadig
http://hpnadig.net | http://twitter.com/hpnadig