[Wikimediaindia-l] Proposal: Wiki Marathon

Srikeit srikeit at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 06:56:39 UTC 2010

A gem of an idea. I like Tinu's suggestion of creating articles for the CWG
medal winners. I remember doing something similar (individually, of course)
for the 2006 CWG.

Maybe Ravi or Tinu (someone more active than me, at least) could create a
project page for this initiative. That would really get it off the ground.

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:10 PM, CherianTinu Abraham <tinucherian at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Nice idea.. I was thinking the same for some time ..
> I was planning to call it " Shut up & Edit" :)
>
> Bangalore meetups happens second sunday of every month. So the next one
> will be November 14.
>
> How about a theme like " 2010 Commonwealth games" ?
> We will create articles for all Indian medal winners in english and indic
> languages ( which ever is missing).
>
> Regards
> Tinu Cherian
>

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Ravishankar <ravidreams at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> An idea / proposal for the next Wiki meetups:
>>
>> There has been lot of talk. So would like to see some action :)
>>
>> Can we decide a Sunday in next month and call for meetups in all cities at
>> the same time? This time can be a bit extended the usual duration. Say, 4-6
>> hours?
>>
>> During this time, all of us can sit down and do edits in Indian language
>> Wikis, Indian topics in English Wiki? This way we can engage the onlookers
>> and convert them to real Wikians. We can also ask people world over to edit
>> Wiki at the same time. We can see what we have achieved at the end of the
>> day !
>>
>> Hope this will be fun and can be done every 3 months.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ravi

Warm Regards
--