[Wikimediaindia-l] indiawikipedia ?

Sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 10:32:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 8:03 AM, CherianTinu Abraham
<tinucherian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please see this website http://www.indiawikipedia.com/
> Do you think the website violates Wikipedia / WMF copyrights ? The site has
> nothing to do with Wikipedia or its cause too.
> Just bringing into the attention of all.
> Now that Mike is away, who is the next in charge for legal affairs ?

This is interesting!!
The whole wikipedia is about giving away, sharing what you know and
the content is all under CC.
But here is a strong thought to protect and hold on to the copyrights
of wikipedia !!

I have not checked the license of the wikipedia logos. If they are
modifiable and redistribution of modified images are allowed, will
such images still remain as wikipedia property? Can I use such
images/content on my website (any website for that matter) ?

Generic speaking, what happens to logos and names and other such
intellectual properties in such cases?

-Sudhanwa