[Wikimediaindia-l] Tamil Encyclopedia merge into Wikipedia.

BalaSundaraRaman sundarbecse at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 06:15:13 UTC 2010

Dear Murali,

Thanks for your efforts. Natkeeran, an active Tamil Wikipedian, has also
downloaded the entire encyclopaedia. He is also stalled at the OCR stage. There
are some Tamil OCR projects at IISc Mile lab under Prof.A.G.Ramakrishnan and
some other government-supported labs.
However, I'm yet to see one that is publicly available and ready to use. That
said, we're still working to get even an alpha version for this purpose.

I would welcome you to connect with Natkeeran (copied) to take this further.

- Sundar