[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimediaindia-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 12

Achal Prabhala aprabhala at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 11:43:12 UTC 2010

Dear Praveen,

I help the Wikimedia Foundation through it's advisory board, and just
wanted to say that I'm both grateful for your interest and glad that
Nadig, Sundar, and others have been able to clarify the situation. If
you look at meta, and particularly at the MoA, the process that has
unfolded over the last few years is clearly outlined, and the names of
Wikipedians associated with chapter efforts at different stages,
including currently, are clearly listed. Any suggestions you have for
Indian Wikipedians in general, and the chapter efforts in particular,
need to be taken seriously - and they will be.

Dear Kiruba,

Thank you for your message of clarification. As you agreed to some time
ago, could you please remove all the "Wikimedia India" references in
connection with yourself, on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.? As you
have just explained, you are not involved in the set-up effort
currently. Therefore, removing references that connect you to the
ensuing Wikimedia India chapter would prevent the kind of
miscommunication that Praveen's message highlights. I appreciate your
urgent attention to this matter.

Cheers,
Achal